Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

4 hours ago, MAH said:

I appeared citizenship test and got approval at august 2021 . What can be possible ceremony date ?

I am from Adelaide (Burnside Council:  SA ).

Any idea please?

As per their site it says

Our next Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Australia Day, Wednesday 26 January 2022

however it depends on number of applicants too so if they get more applicants and go from home affairs they will do it early maybe in November. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 9:07 AM, Megrand1 said:

When do they normally send out invitations for the Australia Day ceremony?

I have been told that most of the times you get invitation between 15-30 days in advance; it happened in my case. So for Australia day I am guessing in December one should surely get invitation.

• Like 1

Finally got invited for Ceremony. 

Applied 11th Aug 2021

Test 24th Sept 2021

Approved immediately.

Ceremony 12th Nov 2021

City of Salisbury, SA

Exactly 3months from Application to Ceremony! The Lord be Praised!

In their website, they had listed last ceremony date for this year was 25 Nov. Thus, don't lose hope even if they are saying next Ceremony is 26 Jan 22. It could happen sooner. Like I said before in this forum, anything is possible to them that believe!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JayK said:

Finally got invited for Ceremony. 

Applied 11th Aug 2021

Test 24th Sept 2021

Approved immediately.

Ceremony 12th Nov 2021

City of Salisbury, SA

Exactly 3months from Application to Ceremony! The Lord be Praised!

In their website, they had listed last ceremony date for this year was 25 Nov. Thus, don't lose hope even if they are saying next Ceremony is 26 Jan 22. It could happen sooner. Like I said before in this forum, anything is possible to them that believe!

That's was quick.

Congrats

• Like 1

hello all, hope everyone is safe during this pandemic. 

i hope someone can help and share if you have the same experience.  i  have a question, not sure if it was asked before. 

i am eligible to apply citizenship (4 years residency & 1 year pr) but im not sure if i can include my daughter. she’s only been here in australia for 2 & half years &1 year pr.

I was on regional visa 489 and then my husband and daughter came under subsequent entry 489 and we all applied 887 together as. was approved last year. i wonder if the same rule apply that i can also apply my daughter together with me or she has to wait for the 4 years residency and just apply together with my husband? 

reason to apply ahead, just in case rules change and also planning to buy house. thank you in advance for your response. 

hi all seniors,

I just joined this and seeking some advice. We are a family of four with two kids and are ready to apply for citizenship. Could you please someone give me the following info and any other info that would make my application easy? 

• Can i include my wife, my kids all in one application or does my wife need to apply separately, if yes does she need a separate immi account? 
  • Does anyone have a dummy completed application form?
  • What documents do we need to attach?
  • Any other info that is helpful

Thank you so much in advance, hoping to get your all support in my applicaiton

kind regards

22 hours ago, Jag Family said:

hi all seniors,

I just joined this and seeking some advice. We are a family of four with two kids and are ready to apply for citizenship. Could you please someone give me the following info and any other info that would make my application easy? 

• Can i include my wife, my kids all in one application or does my wife need to apply separately, if yes does she need a separate immi account? 

kind regards

hi anyone here who can respond to above please 

Hi Guys,

Need help . we are a family of 3. I understand that I have to apply 2 applications ( one for myself & my 6yr old child, another for my wife)

I completed my 4 years this week, but my wife and child had their first entry 5.5 months after my first entry. They will complete their 4 years stay end of  April 2022 .

can my wife and child apply citizenship now or do they have to wait?

Can some one please advise.

Thanks in advance

On 11/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, Jag Family said:

hi all seniors,

kind regards

Adults have to apply for themselves, meaning she needs her own immi account. The documents you need will be listed on the attachment section of immi ac. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, amit2186 said:

Hi Guys,

Need help . we are a family of 3. I understand that I have to apply 2 applications ( one for myself & my 6yr old child, another for my wife)

I completed my 4 years this week, but my wife and child had their first entry 5.5 months after my first entry. They will complete their 4 years stay end of  April 2022 .

can my wife and child apply citizenship now or do they have to wait?

Can some one please advise.

Thanks in advance

You and your child can apply but your wife has to meet the residency eligibility. It is actually the residency history of the parents in Australia that matters, not the child.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, Jag Family said:

hi all seniors,

kind regards

Appended please see input as questioned.

• Can i include my wife, my kids all in one application or does my wife need to apply separately, if yes does she need a separate immi account? - you can have one immi account and have separate applications in one account; depending on age kids will be part of parents applications.
  • Does anyone have a dummy completed application form? - its pretty straight forward you dont need this and to be fair everyone will have personal information that no one would want to share i am sure you would appreciate that
  • What documents do we need to attach? - please go through this page and you will find all the details; complete application, your passport, marriage certificate, drivers license, utility bill and form 1091
  • Any other info that is helpful - as i mentioned please review this page and you will find tons of useful information

All the best.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the guidance, I submitted my application, the details are below.

• Submitted on 02nd Dec
  • State: Victoria
  • Two applications in one immi account: My application included my two kids and my wife did a separate application in my immi account
  • Attached documents:
    • Passport,
    • Drivers Licence,
    • Passport Photo,
    • the Endorsed backside of the photo,
    • Birth certificate,
    • Rental agreement to prove the address, 
    • Form 1195 

I also get certified all the attachments from my GP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...