State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

AB - so are you saying, I could apply to another state - but never go there - just head straight to SA?

Hi Mark, there is no legal commitment re State Sponsorship. You will not get chucked out, nor will it harm any application for citizenship (currently). You might get a grumpy letter!! :shocked:

The question often debated here and elsewhere is one of ethics/morals. Is it right to take a place someone else may be desperate for, and which you in turn never use? For example, you only just missed out on SA, it would drive you mad to think that those places were taken by those who have no intention ever being in SA. I hope I am not being rude in pointing out that we all made a commitment in writing for SS - is “our word” now a valueless commodity?

Sorry - it's not that I am unsympathetic - believe me I really am, but I would encourage you to look at all other options. Hope you get sorted soon.

IrishStew. (OH)

PS Sorry for going "off topic/thread"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest two_chants
We got our visas !

I'd like to thank so many people from this thread that I won't post names, because I could skip someone!

Thanks, guys, I will still visit the thread and try to help and answer some questions.

Good luck to everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS LENORE :biggrin:

Louise Mary sounds like you will be next. We are with team 7 so who knows

Guest Helchops

Having a nightmare with the medicals!

They're all ready to go, got the results but they can't upload them. They were meant to be done on Monday, then Tuesday...then Wednesday...now next Monday! Grrr!! Apparently there is some problem with attaching the x-rays to the file or something. I can't believe we paid so much for them to mess us around like this. We're actually thinking about booking a second set just to get them sent quickly!

Guest two_chants
Having a nightmare with the medicals!

They're all ready to go, got the results but they can't upload them. They were meant to be done on Monday, then Tuesday...then Wednesday...now next Monday! Grrr!! Apparently there is some problem with attaching the x-rays to the file or something. I can't believe we paid so much for them to mess us around like this. We're actually thinking about booking a second set just to get them sent quickly!

Hi Helchops

Its a pain isn't it but a few of us have had problems with the system when clinics have tried to get stuff uploaded. Hopefully they will sort it out soon but I know my sons took two weeks and my daughters one crashed and froze when they tried to attached some extra documents.

If it helps once everything reached HOC in Sydney it was really quick.

Melanie

We got our visas !

I'd like to thank so many people from this thread that I won't post names, because I could skip someone!

Thanks, guys, I will still visit the thread and try to help and answer some questions.

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!!

Guest Guest8609
CONGRATULATIONS LENORE :biggrin:

Louise Mary sounds like you will be next. We are with team 7 so who knows

Thanks!

Actually I believed LouiseMary would get her visa earlier or the same day as me...

Guest LouiseMary
Thanks!

Actually I believed LouiseMary would get her visa earlier or the same day as me...

Hi Lenore, i think we could have been accept for the birth certificate going awol, im hoping tomorrow, unless i go down the order again for a missing doc !!

Guest Helchops

LouiseMary Did it not say that your Birth Certificate was outstanding?

At the moment, even though all our docs have been uploaded none of them say met (we haven't got a CO) I was just assuming that if everything said met, they'd got everything - was this not the case with your app?

Guest Chris_J

Hi Helchops, could you please change our status on the tracker. We have just submitted our 176.

Looks like a mare uploading docs. I've had all signed and verified, and scanned them. Do I need to worry about getting my IELTS cert verified? Hmmm feeling kinda nervous now.

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hi Helchops, could you please change our status on the tracker. We have just submitted our 176.

Looks like a mare uploading docs. I've had all signed and verified, and scanned them. Do I need to worry about getting my IELTS cert verified? Hmmm feeling kinda nervous now.

If you are using a colour scanning machine, you don't need to get anything certified/signed, if you are using a B&W scanner, you do (or for some reason are scanning in a copy of the original certificate, that needs signing/certifying as well). So if the IELTS is the original, and your scanner is colour capable then no, you don't need to get it verified.

HTH

Guest Guest8609
If you are using a colour scanning machine, you don't need to get anything certified/signed, if you are using a B&W scanner, you do (or for some reason are scanning in a copy of the original certificate, that needs signing/certifying as well). So if the IELTS is the original, and your scanner is colour capable then no, you don't need to get it verified.

HTH

We actually bought a printer/scanner. A cheap one, for about 25 pounds. And it was the best idea ever! :D Used it A LOT for Oz visa purposes and all the docs&certs around it.

Guest Helchops

I don't know what I'd have done without my ADF Scanner! It's literally saved us hundreds in courier deliveries, and a lot of time! Some of the bank statements were ten pages long, and we had to upload a year's worth for both of us...just so many bits of paper. I would highly recommend the Automatic Feeder at the top as it's just saved us sooooo much time!

Medicals done today :biggrin: One step closer. Now to upload form 80 and some payslips then the waiting begins! Whats the average waiting time from lodging to get a CO or visa grant?

Guest Chris_J

I've been using the scanners at work, and they are fantastic for scanning a double sided document. This works especially well when a Solicitor is signing your docs :-) and they are really good quality too which helps.

Guest Chris_J

Do you need to upload 12 months of pay slips? I'm wondering whether to add them individually or get Liz to make me one large document from them. I have pdf pay slips now anyway, and Liz is a demon with Acrobat.