Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

On 8/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, Dee said:

Really 2020 that's long time or is it 2021????

Hi Dee,

Yes. It was September 2020. My worry is that I have got low-range drink driving conviction on my Aus PCC but I revealed it on application. Also I declared it on my PR application too but had no issue for the PR.    I just to want to explore applicants with some issues like me  😞

Edited by DarDec

19 hours ago, DarDec said:

Hi Dee,

Yes. It was September 2020. My worry is that I have got low-range drink driving conviction on my Aus PCC but I revealed it on application. Also I declared it on my PR application too but had no issue for the PR.    I just to want to explore applicants with some issues like me  😞

Did you try calling?

Dear All, 

I have a question, Is there any form of identification document for children under 5 years other than their passport ?

The reason I want to ask is, by the time I apply for my Citizenship, my son's Indian passport will have less than 4 months to expire. Since he was born offshore, his passport was issued only for 3 years. 

/Thanks,
D.V

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DVR said:

Dear All, 

I have a question, Is there any form of identification document for children under 5 years other than their passport ?

The reason I want to ask is, by the time I apply for my Citizenship, my son's Indian passport will have less than 4 months to expire. Since he was born offshore, his passport was issued only for 3 years. 

/Thanks,
D.V

I applied for my kids with expired passports. It was fine.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 6:23 PM, Megrand1 said:

I mean that no citizens who attended normal ceremonies in the last time. All last citizenships granted through online ceremonies

Not really; in SA in last one month 3 of my friends attended ceremonies physically 🙂

• Like 1

Application date : 01 June 2021

Test date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)

Test date: 13 August 2021

Passed the test with 100%, uploaded the document they asked, the same day but both me and my spouse waiting for approval.

Anyone else in Adl facing delays in approval?

Edited by KhanR

I remember most of the user names here from our 887 days. I am glad that this is not as complicated for most of us 🙂

My timeline:

applied- 07/07/21

invite for test- 22/08/21

voluntarily rescheduled test to 30/09/21

application updated to approved status on same day--- waiting for ceremony now! 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 3:43 AM, KhanR said:

Application date : 01 June 2021

Test date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)

Test date: 13 August 2021

Passed the test with 100%, uploaded the document they asked, the same day but both me and my spouse waiting for approval.

Anyone else in Adl facing delays in approval?

What document did they ask you to upload? Did they ask for this document after the test?

The

On 9/4/2021 at 7:58 PM, justaguy said:

What document did they ask you to upload? Did they ask for this document after the test?

They asked for my original birth certificate.

In fact I am born in KSA and  have never used the arabic version of my birth certificate.  All my  life I had been using the English translation issued by the embassy. So I only took that one to the interview.

The lady(officer) who checked my documents asked for the one in the original language and I told I never used it but i got that at home. She told just upload that when you get home. Then she gave me the ticket to appear in the test. I passed the test, went home and uploaded the document. Now I am waiting. 😞

Edited by KhanR

Hi All 

Quick question ? 

Do you use NAATI certified translation documents when applying for the Citizenship ? I have used the same sworn translated document (not the government one, a Lawyer) for all my Visa applications so far in Australia (489, PR). 

/Thanks,
DVR

Edited by DVR
wrong spellings

58 minutes ago, DVR said:

Hi All 

Quick question ? 

Do you use NAATI certified translation documents when applying for the Citizenship ? I have used the same sworn translated document (not the government one, a Lawyer) for all my Visa applications so far in Australia (489, PR). 

/Thanks,
DVR

NAATI certified are required as per the requested document but not sure for every case. 

4 hours ago, KhanR said:

The

They asked for my original birth certificate.

In fact I am born in KSA and  have never used the arabic version of my birth certificate.  All my  life I had been using the English translation issued by the embassy. So I only took that one to the interview.

The lady(officer) who checked my documents asked for the one in the original language and I told I never used it but i got that at home. She told just upload that when you get home. Then she gave me the ticket to appear in the test. I passed the test, went home and uploaded the document. Now I am waiting. 😞

Don’t worry. As long as you uploaded it it should be ok. All the best and keep checking the immiaccount for updates. 

• Like 1

Hello there,

I am on 489 and my 2 years living in regional area requirement in going to be completed in the first week of coming November. I have already created an application on immi acocunt. But it doesn't allow me after a certain stage with an error message. message says " You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service". 

Can any of you please tell me why it's not allowing me to go further. I have double checked my all detaials. 

Thank you, 

Shan

Edited by zeeshanov