Guest Adelaide_bound

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi wanna,

That's great, thanks. We don't have SS yet but I am trying to get everything ready as we are expecting our third baby in 2 weeks and I doubt I will be able to get my head around all of this then!

What puzzles me if they don't need anything by snail mail is why they ask for 2 passport photos!? But perhaps the checklist I had was actually for the snail mail version of the application.

Guest RobJ1978

I'm jumping in on the conversation so sorry if i'm off subject, but i can email passport photos over so i guessed it was part of the electronic application???

Hi wanna,

That's great, thanks. We don't have SS yet but I am trying to get everything ready as we are expecting our third baby in 2 weeks and I doubt I will be able to get my head around all of this then!

What puzzles me if they don't need anything by snail mail is why they ask for 2 passport photos!? But perhaps the checklist I had was actually for the snail mail version of the application.

OVEL - I agree with lpkm, pleased for you but VERY jealous - you have really bounced forward.

LouiseMary - Congratulations

IrishStew

Don't be so jealous :) Seems it will be really hard to get 4.5 for my spouse's English. I've booked IELTS on 07.01 and have asked the CO to extend my timeframe till January. Fortunately, he's agreed to extend it.

Guest Adelaide_bound
Actually, one other question just occurred to me:

If you submit your 176 application online, do you ever have to send the originals of the documents listed by snail mail? Or is it all done over the internet?

I ask because most of our certified copies of things have the certification on the back of the document or on the second page, so the CO will just have to trust that the scan of the notary's signature did indeed go with that document!

You just scan in and then upload the originals (without certification) on a colour scanner and you don't need the certification at all, no matter what the document, so don't stress. I think they would rather see originals than copies, whether or not they are certified really, as originals are easier to read (photocopies tend to make them go a bit smudgy, a bit 'bitty' and so on).

TBH its so cheap to buy a colour scanner nowadays - I think our all singing all dancing colour scanner, fax and printer (with top loading feeder etc) was around the £100 mark, if not a lot less, because hubby just wouldn't have spent more than that - and that was a couple of years ago now, so Tesco probably have them cheaper now (as much as it pains me to say their name).

HTH

Guest Helchops

TBH its so cheap to buy a colour scanner nowadays - I think our all singing all dancing colour scanner, fax and printer (with top loading feeder etc) was around the £100 mark...

I second this. We brought a brother A3 printer with top document feeder and it has been invaluable! (MFC 5890) it's been used for hundreds of pages, and you can do double sided prints and it puts it into one PDF document.

Guest Guest8609
I second this. We brought a brother A3 printer with top document feeder and it has been invaluable! (MFC 5890) it's been used for hundreds of pages, and you can do double sided prints and it puts it into one PDF document.

Well, a couple of pages earlier I mentioned we bought such a device - for about 30 pounds. Canon MP 280. Very good purchase, because when we move it won't be worth much, and it already did a good job, saved us A LOT of time and money.

Guest Helchops

I'm assuming that when we get to oz we'll need a printer for things like rental accommodation references, bank print outs etc...I'm thinking maybe put a small one in a suitcase so we have it? What will others do?

Guest Helchops

Hey Everyone!

Congratulations on everyone's recent updates! I've updated the tracker with (hopefully) all the updates and haven't missed anything! The updates are as follows:

Path2aus - You've now been added as promised

Oidara - docs recieved updates

Petal38 - I've added your details as per your post, but you didn't mention specific dates so could you check and let me know

wanna - I've added you to the 176 tracker according to your posts - again check the details and let me know if anything needs editing!

176 Tracker

State Sponsorship Tracker

Thanks for the scanner info. We already have the necessary scanner so this won't be a problem. I just wish we hadn't gone to the trouble and expense of getting our documents certified now, if it's not actually required!

Thanks for the tracker update, Helchops!

Helchops, thank you for the tracker update.

Just please set my SS grant date to 10/10/2011 on the next update.

I waited for 15 days after SS grant to file a visa. Why? No idea :smile:

Guest sksmith
OMG!!!!!!

VISA GRANTED BABY!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Id just like to say thanks to all who answered questions for me and I wish everyone the best of luck!I still cant believe it!!!

Well done lpkm, congrats!!!

OMG!!!!!!

VISA GRANTED BABY!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Id just like to say thanks to all who answered questions for me and I wish everyone the best of luck!I still cant believe it!!!

Congratulations, lpkm !!!

Guest Helchops

So happy, can't believe it!! Just jumped from hearing nothing to getting granted over night!

Congratulations to Lpkm too! Busy monday morning! Now to book our flights!

Thanks to everyone who answered our questions (too many to list), especially adelaidebound who is always a fountain of knowledge, and eager to help.